The Assistant Manager, Inbound Operations is a managerial role, who will help oversee the fashion product receiving team and focus on employee performance, inbound inventory for all product channels and execution of department protocols. The assistant manager will partner cross functionally to ensure all items submitted for inbound consignment move through the pipeline accurately and in a timely manner.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Provide supervision on the receiving floor, assist with product questions and distribution to increase the department's productivity.
- Management of unit backlog, daily reporting reporting and team production goals.
- Assist with new hire training and onboarding programs.
- Will work with receiving leads to ensure all new standard operating procedures are executed properly.
- Responsible for ensuring all inbound consignments complete the product receiving process.
- Point of contact for business partners including; customer returns, authentication and merchandising.
- Will help manage time and attendance and payroll.
- Assist operation coordinators and exception specialists with outstanding product issues.
- Conduct weekly and monthly audits to ensure standard operating procedures in compliance.
- Uphold company brand and conditions standards, provide constant team coaching.
- Enforce and maintain positive team culture
What You Bring To The Role
- This role is Tuesday through Saturday and may require some holidays, early and late hours.
- 2+ years leading a team in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Self starter who can ramp up quickly and is excited to take on new challenges
- Able to work independently but has the ability to manage a large group in a team environment
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Team player who is able to work effectively and collaboratively across multiple departments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, dependable and proactive
- Solution minded and detail oriented
- Experience working with luxury brands is a plus
- Must be comfortable with Excel/Google Sheets, very proficient in Microsoft and google office
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GH3795