What You Get To Do Every Day
- Inspect consignments to ensure TRR condition and acceptance standards are met; utilizing reference guides and historical data
- Improve product condition and value through external cleaning
- Write informative product descriptions using industry and TRR standard terms
- Identify and enter product attributes and specifications, including product category, description, condition, weights and measurements
- Support product authentication utilizing TRR standard methodology and tools, including brand identifiers, materials and fabrication
- Support pricing product utilizing TRR standard methodology and tools, factoring for fair market value, condition, and style
- Fully authenticate and price select product categories, as demand requires
- Surface or escalate and solve exceptions, anomalies and/or authenticity questions
- Participate in training, audits and meetings, as required
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure positive consignor experience
- Attain production targets
- Support process and system improvement through feedback and testing, as required
- Promote and uphold TRR authentication and pricing methodology and standards, data integrity and inventory controls
What You Bring To The Role
- 1+ years Luxury industry experience required, including Retail
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Graduate Gemology diploma and/or GIA coursework preferred
- Intermediate to advanced fashion and/or jewelry knowledge: brands/designers, trends, etc.
- Beginner technical expertise, including metals identification preferred
- The skills to work effectively independently and collaboratively in teams to meet shared goals and deadlines
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume production environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and attention to detail
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Vision, depth of field perception, magnification, and color perception (Red,Green,Amber)
- Dexterity, repetitive physical motions, hand/wrist movements
- Ability to push/pull, bend, crouch, lifting (1-15lbs)
- Ability to move within and between warehouses
Offers for qualifying positions in Warehouse, Receiving, Authentication, Home & Art and Photography must be extended by 1/24/2022 with a start date of 1/31/2022. Start date is subject to satisfactory clearance of the background check. Company delays to the start date will not impair eligibility for payout. Signing bonus valued at $ to be paid in three installments. The first $500.00 will be issued in the pay period of employment. The second installment will be valued at $1,000 and will be issued following 3 months of employment. The third payment, valued at $1,000.00, will be issued in the pay period following six months of employment. Bonus is only payable if the employee is in good standing continuously through the date each payment is made. All amounts subject to applicable withholdings and deductions.
In compliance with local laws and regulations, we are requiring that all employees working in New York City (including, but not limited to Field, Retail Store and Office) employees to be fully vaccinated in addition to complying with mask requirements while at work.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR4358