As a Senior Product Manager you will drive the technology strategy for outbound fulfillment, logistics, and transportation. This will include key functions like optimization of eCommerce warehouse fulfillment operations, as well as carrier optimization. With our ever expanding consignor base, and the single units of valuable inventory that we manage on their behalf, an optimized transportation network and tight inventory control are key to the future growth of The RealReal.
The Operations Efficiency Product and Technology team is obsessed with improving the accuracy and efficiency of our heavily managed marketplace. We will do whatever it takes to provide the right solutions to our stakeholders including the latest in Machine Learning (ML) and AI technologies to offer the easiest and fastest way for clients to buy and sell their luxury items. We are grounded in metrics and prioritize outcomes over output. We love big thinkers and folks that build each other up while breaking down the problems to solve.
This position can be based in San Francisco, CA or (Midtown Manhattan) New York, New York, or New Jersey.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Set the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for solutions in one or multiple areas of our operational departments primarily focused on outbound fulfillment and logistics
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure that our product solutions are realistic and have the support necessary to reach their potential impact. This includes collaboration on adoption, measurement, on-going training, and feedback
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure our solutions will support the immediate needs of the business and be well equipped to be expanded to support future projects
- Work with Data Science and Machine Learning Engineering teams to augment our platform with technology that can solve current operational problems. Establish acceptance criteria and testing methodologies to ensure that the algorithms are having the desired impact in a scalable way
- Understand the impact of operational solutions on The RealReal’s consignor and customer experience
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management, including e-Commerce, retail, or fashion
- Proven track-record: past projects were consistently successful (i.e. met the consumer’s need, met business objectives, delivered on-time with no/few surprises)
- Creative problem solver - Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Outcome oriented - not reactionary; clearly and continuously communicate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Consensus builder - Able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution and anticipate stakeholder needs
- Must be an excellent communicator and story teller as a way of influencing a wide audience.
- Must have strong product vision & instincts and can inspire others to take their lead
- Big thinking - able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
- Strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights
- Must have a great understanding and empathy for The Real Real customers, consignors and employees; must be a user advocate of all of the above
- Rigorous - Ask hard questions, validate their assumptions through data, and make sure asks align to the actual needs of the business
- Have a great eye for a good technical solution and a great design. Must be able to collaborate with engineers and UI/UX designers.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. GHR4350