Ensures that photographs of product on form and table top, are produced using still cameras and a variety of photographic accessories by performing the following duties personally or through supervised Photographers.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Selects and assembles equipment according to subject material, anticipated conditions, and knowledge of function and limitations of various types of cameras, lenses, and accessories
- Views subject and setting and plans composition, camera position, and camera angle to produce desired effect
- Arranges subject material, poses subject, or maneuvers into position to take a photo
- Estimates or measures light level or o creates artificial lighting with flash units, lights, and lighting equipment
- Adjusts lens aperture and shutter speed based on combination of factors such as lighting, depth of field, subject motion, and film speed
- Determines subject-to-lens distance to adjust focus
- Positions camera and trips shutter
- Calculates variables such as exposure time, exposure interval, filter effect, and color temperature.
- Makes adjustments to camera, lens, or equipment to compensate for factors such as distorted perspective and parallax
- Correctly prioritize projects and move quickly from one task to the next while still maintaining the highest quality.
- Shoot 150+ items per day and multi-task varying responsibilities
Directly supervises up to 10 employees on the Photography team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What You Bring To The Role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 2+ years photo experience working in ecommerce or photography studio setting, as well as previous supervisory/leadership experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with Mac OS and Canon cameras, as well as familiarity with using tethered capture and Capture One Pro software.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR4328