The Senior Manager of Production Strategy is a critical strategic position within The RealReal’s operations organization. A key priority will be to drive process and efficiency improvements that reduce costs while increasing production and enable the company to scale. This individual will be tasked with identifying process and strategy improvements, conducting rigorous analyses to determine prioritization and impact, and driving implementation of key strategic and other operational initiatives.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Brainstorm and identify inbound process and innovation ideas. Prepare clear and concise recommendations based on analytical analyses around financial costs and savings, operational requirements, and cross-functional support.
- Connect near-term labor planning output to inbound strategies and holistic operations, supporting analysis as needed. Act as a strategic thought partner to the supply chain team.
- Support development of the medium and long-term strategy for Inbound operations. Create rigorous business cases that include impact analyses, holistic cost assessments, and key risks or other dependencies. Develop KPIs, monitor strategy progress, and identify roadblocks with Supply Chain leadership.
- Partner cross functionally with the product, technology, merchandising, sales, and other operational teams to drive key strategic initiatives. Conduct holistic analyses measuring inbound operational impact, with respect to costs, fixed assets, working capital and service, and gather cross functional input to test and strengthen ideas.
- Prepare executive level updates for key initiatives, communicating project progress, impact, metrics, and potential roadblocks. Ensure key initiatives are achieving goals of enabling more cost-effective processes while improving on quality and consistency.
- Partner with the product and technology teams on new supply chain innovations. Prepare clear and concise recommendations based on analytical analyses around financial costs and savings, operational requirements, trade-offs, and cross-functional support.
What You Bring To The Role
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience with at least five years in strategy, supply chain and/or merchandising operations roles. MBA and/or consulting experience is a plus
- At least 2-3 years working in a customer-centric ecommerce environment. Omnichannel experience is a plus
- Methodically breaks large, complex problems into smaller pieces and build solutions using a data-driven approach
- Arrives at recommendations through quantitative data collection and qualitative institutional knowledge. Drives with a strong focus on KPIs and accountability.
- Uses clear written and verbal communication methods to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations, and analytical analyses to cross functional partners and executives
- Thrives working in a high growth, dynamic, changing, and evolving environment and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Drives successful execution of projects across multiple functional groups and links production strategies to broader supply chain initiatives
- Results oriented, proactive, and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and drive self ownership
- Willing to “roll up sleeves” to get into the operational details to support strategic concepting
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR4141