This is a great opportunity for a Senior HR Manager to join a company that is exploding with growth. As our Senior Human Resources Manager, you will make a big impact working with two large authentication centers, supporting employees of all levels from entry to senior management. We are seeking a talented, strategic, and collaborative HR Professional to join us in building something great!
This position reports to our Senior Director of HR Business Partners and is located in Perth Amboy, NJ with oversight to our Secaucus, NJ location. Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
What You Get To Do
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, and sexual harassment
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Consult with management on employee relations & organizational situations, including policies procedures, & practices
- Administer performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization
- Administer salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization
- Contract with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as canteen, transportation, or relocation service
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
What You Bring To The Role
- 6+ years of progressive, well-rounded HR experience required, including 2 years of leadership/people management experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
- Experience running a warehouse facility in an HR generalist capacity - eCommerce preferred
- Ability to manage manage difficult customer/employee situations; responding promptly to employee needs, soliciting feedback, responding to requests, and meeting commitments
- Sound interviewing skills, analyzes and forecasts staffing needs and makes quality hiring decisions
- Strategic thinker who understands their organization's strengths & weaknesses, analyzes the market, identifies opportunities, and adapts strategy to achieve company goals
- Change management and conflict resolution experience
- Leadership skills, inspires and motivates others to perform well, influencing action, and giving appropriate recognition to others while fostering a collaborative and diverse community
- Business Acumen, understanding of business implications of decisions, profitability-oriented, knowledge of market and competition, and aligns work with strategic goals
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR4197