Reporting directly to the Senior LP Manager of Retail, this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of Loss Prevention, safety, inventory control, and security strategies for The RealReal’s Chicago Flagship store. The ideal candidate will be the unquestioned expert on all things relating to the location, function, quality, compliance, safety and shortage program for the concept store. The ideal candidate will be able to translate who we are as a company and a brand into our workplace to both our customers and employees.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Directly manage a team of Loss Prevention Investigators, Specialist, and Greeters.
- Responsible for physical security of the building.
- Support all Loss Prevention functions for the concept store and help support surrounding markets as needed.
- Conduct all internal and external investigations and bring to closure.
- Develop and manage safety and security processes and procedures, including business continuity plans.
- Develop and manage loss prevention processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Work closely with the entire leadership team of The RealReal concept store.
- Help lead weekly inventory cycle counts and reconciliation processes.Lead daily/weekly/monthly audits in the concept store surrounding building security, inventory control, compliance, and awareness.
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years of retail Loss Prevention management experience.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. (Preferred)
- Ability to work well with all levels of management within the company.
- Strong management skills capable of leading and motivating.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, and communicate effectively.
- Strong understanding of physical security including CCTV, EAS, alarms, access control, and lock and key.
- Develop and coach your team to elevate the skills and expertise of the team.
- Well organized and have the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Clear and concise both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to support the business.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR4062