You're goal-oriented, enjoy working in a fast-paced warehouse environment, and know how to get the job done. As an Authenticator, you will be responsible for evaluating and inspecting all categories of our consigned products. Such categories include Apparel, Shoewear, Accessories, Handbags and much more! As an Authenticator you have an interest in fashion, and can provide a great sense of knowledge on product brands, industry trends, and authentication methods.As an Authenticator you will be required to comply with safe handling and care practices of luxury items as you thrive in our high volume, goal oriented environment.
Compensation | Benefits | Perks
- Total potential compensation over $3,600.00 per month with incentive pay programs
- Base Pay Plus Incentive Pay Programs
- Incentive programs that pay up to $400 per month based on performance
- $100 in monthly food credits
- 18 PTO Days
- Clean and safe working environment with climate controlled warehouses
- $5,000 in RSUs (stock) awarded - Opportunity to earn as the company grows
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (purchase stock @ discounted rates)
- 401K (with company matching up to $1000)
- Generous Medical, Dental & Vision benefits subsidized by the The RealReal
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Authenticate luxury products by locating brand identifiers (holograms, date codes, authenticity cards, hallmarks, etc.)
- Evaluate the quality of materials and construction of consigned luxury goods for authentication identification
- Authenticate various cosigned luxury products while maintaining KPM's
- Inspect consigned luxury products for condition and acceptance standards (Quality Control)
- Ensure monthly goals are met while upholding the highest company authentication standards
- Provide pertinent product information such as measurements and fabrication (data entry)
- Price merchandise based on retail value, condition, and style
What You Bring To The Role
- Fashion Knowledge - Brand Identification, Garment Construction, an interest or experience in authentication is a plus
- Comfortable with working in a high volume fast paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes up to 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time
Offers for qualifying positions in Warehouse, Receiving, Authentication, Home & Art and Photography must be extended by 12/20/2021 with a start date of 12/31/2021. Start date is subject to satisfactory clearance of the background check. Company delays to the start date will not disqualify eligibility. Signing bonus valued at $2500.00 to be paid in three installments. The first $500.00 will be issued in the pay period of employment. The second installment will be valued at $1,000 and will be issued following 3 months of employment. The third payment, valued at $1,000.00, will be issued in the pay period following six months of employment. Bonus is only payable if the employee is in good standing continuously through the date each payment is made.
All wages and payments are subject to applicable withholdings and deductions.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GH3743