As a Merchandise Associate you will play a key role in our ecommerce operations team. Your solid knowledge of fashion and attention to detail will help you authenticate, organize and input each item received from our consignors into our inventory system. You have an outstanding work ethic and are able to work in a fast paced, high volume and goal driven environment. This position is based in Phoenix, AZ and will report to the Receiving Manager.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Handle all product intake into our internal inventory system
- Achieve daily and monthly quality and productivity goals
- Check products against enclosed packing list
- Inspect goods for sale-ability
- Prepare items onto garment racks for our SKU team
- Identify high value and marquee merchandise to be separated and 'fast-tracked' through the system
- Maintain a team driven environment
What You Bring To The Role
- Minimum 1 year of luxury fashion experience (retail included)
- Strong fashion knowledge – Top designers and brands, current trends, garment construction etc
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to work a mix of weekends and weekdays (Morning Shifts, starting as early as 7am)
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to reach daily goals
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail
Offers for qualifying positions in Warehouse, Receiving, Authentication and Photography must be extended by 10/15/2021 with a start date of 10/29/2021. Start date is subject to satisfactory clearance of the background check. Company delays to the start date will not impair eligibility for payout. Signing bonus valued at $2500 to be paid in two installments. The first $1,000.00 will be issued in the pay period following 3 months of employment and the second $1,500.00 in the pay period following six months of employment. Bonus is only payable if the employee is in good standing continuously through the date each payment is made.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GH3716