The Associate Regional Director will manage a growing team of Group Managers and will be responsible for driving product acquisition by managing the company’s existing consignor base. You are dedicated to your team's success and will work with your managers to increase product acquisition to hit monthly sales quotas. Must possess the ability to analyze reports, uncover areas of improvement, coach, hold managers accountable to their team’s performance, develop innovative solutions, and implement the strategies to ensure the team is performing at a high level.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Driving team members to engage and cultivate the existing consignor base
- Develops and implements sales strategy to achieve monthly sales goals
- Direct and assist in securing luxury products from discerning clientele to meet monthly goals
- Coach and align team on expectations to set clear and consistent performance behaviors
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to ensure sales quotas are achieved
- Liaison between the Sales team and Merchandising, Marketing and Operations to offer support and problem solve.
- Manage day to day activities of Group Managers and hold them accountable to their team’s performance
- Train / develop strong leaders who can consistently drive performance from their sales teams
- Handle escalated consignor / PR issues
- Represents company at events to promote consignment service
- Partner with private clients, organizations and businesses to develop relationships that result in product acquisition and referrals
- Recommends budget, expenditures, and appropriations for prospecting and sales efforts in partnership with Regional Director
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises Field Sales, Los Angeles Region. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Interview, hire, and train employees by planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
What You Bring To The Role
- 4+ years of sales management experience
- 4 year degree, preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experienced in leading large teams and managing leaders with a history of exceeding goals
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly to the team and clients
- A passion for sales & driving sales results, combined with a passion for team development and leadership
- Experienced in working at both strategic and tactical levels. Possess the ability to pull/analyze reports, identify areas of improvement, develop strategies, and implement
- Strong customer service skills; possess the ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Ability to draw actionable insights from data sets
- Seasoned in performance coaching; setting goals and objectives; gives constructive feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development
- Strong Business acumen with the ability to display orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition, and aligns work with strategic goals
- Experience with Salesforce highly preferred
- Ability to respond / support escalated consignor / PR issues
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3861.