We are looking for skilled Photo Production Assistants to join our photography team in our high volume fashion production studio.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Style and shoot clothing on both women and men mannequins
- Shoot scarves and kids clothing
- Be able to reach a quota of 150+ items per day
- Work with the photo team to meet the end of the month deadlines (overtime often required)
- Assist with the movement of physical product through the studio
- Steam clothing as needed.
- Maintain an organized and tidy studio.
- Be a self-starter and able to take a look at what needs to be done and move forward
- Ensure product is handled to the highest quality standards
- Style clothing according to company standard
- Facilitate product prep and distribution
What You Bring To The Role
- Ability to work ten-hour shifts Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
- Minimum 1-year styling or photography experience within the fashion industry
- Photography degree or experience preferred
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Basic understanding of Mac OS and Canon cameras
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work quickly and effectively with very strong attention to detail
- Proactive and able to show initiative and ideas
- Excellent timekeeping and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Works well with deadlines & metrics
- Contributes and works well within teams
Offers for qualifying positions in Warehouse, Receiving, Authentication and Photography must be extended by 10/15/2021 with a start date of 10/29/2021. Start date is subject to satisfactory clearance of the background check. Company delays to the start date will not impair eligibility for payout. Signing bonus valued at $2500 to be paid in two installments. The first $1,000.00 will be issued in the pay period following 3 months of employment and the second $1,500.00 in the pay period following six months of employment. Bonus is only payable if the employee is in good standing continuously through the date each payment is made.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3804