As a Manager, Transportation Strategy at The RealReal (TRR), you will shape the future direction of TRR’s logistics organization by working with cross-functional leaders on critical supply chain projects. You will partner with leadership to develop long and short-term strategies impacting multiple areas of the business including supply acquisition, inventory control, final mile delivery and revenue. You will own internal consulting projects from design through execution, summarizing your approach and results for TRR executives and the wider company.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Partner with the executive team and senior leadership to set the strategic direction for the transportation organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop and drive execution of complex, multi-year, transportation initiatives, prioritizing among many competing opportunities for maximum impact relative to company goals
- Conduct sophisticated financial modeling to discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets for strategic analysis and research
- Support leadership on preparation of executive, board and company-wide presentations, creating polished materials and identifying key takeaways
- Work with the head of transportation to build a world class team and working environment
What You Bring To The Role
- BS in Business, Supply Chain or related field, MBA degree preferred and a MINIMUM of 4+ years of experience in top tier management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate strategy or equivalent in a high-growth e-commerce company
- Successful track record of working across and multiple functions in an organization and influencing senior leaders
- Experience understanding, simplifying and solving complex, ambiguous problems, ideally in a high-growth consumer business
- Strong data analysis skills, including the ability to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data and develop metrics to track results
- An ambitious, analytic, entrepreneurial approach coupled with excellent communication skills, pragmatism and comfort with ambiguity
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3728