Full-time Loss Prevention Investigator will report directly to the Loss Prevention Manager in Manhasset, Long Island.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Identify, observe, and bring to closure incidents of external theft
- Identify, investigate, and bring to closure incidents of internal theft
- The ability to identify shortage and safety related issues within a retail store environment
- Review and audit of procedures for all inbound and outbound merchandise
- Conduct quality inspections on packaging and documentation ensuring all Loss Prevention measures have been adhered too
- Conduct physical building security checks and maintain proper building security standards
- Conduct shortage and safety inspections and communicate findings to the Loss Prevention Manager.
- Participate in the training of new hire associates to increase Loss Prevention awareness
- Be the driving force behind weekly store inventories, identifying all forms of loss while suggesting creative shortage control solutions
- Train and support the Loss Prevention staff. (Greeters/Security)
- Ability to identify operational discrepancies
- Help manage the store’s inventory process
- Testify in court on behalf of the company, in any case, criminal or civil in which the Investigator is summoned
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, and audits
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years of luxury retail Loss Prevention experience
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Effectively partner with store leadership on loss prevention processes and initiatives
- Strong knowledge pertaining to physical security equipment including: CCTV and alarm equipment
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to support off-site events as needed
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet deadlines as required
- Ability to read and interpret POS media and provide summary information about incidentsAbility to handle complex, time-sensitive situations while remaining calm and professional
- Strong detailed knowledge of theft, statutory laws and regulations
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3559