The Assistant Site Merchant & Operations will play a critical role in the development and execution of The RealReal’s site experience that meet the company's business objectives and deliver a seamless customer experience. This person will act as a business partner between the Creative, Merchandising & Marketing teams. Strong communication and organization are keys for success in this role. This person will report to the Associate Manager, Site Merchandising & Operations.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Partner to manage & maintain sales & campaign launch schedule
- Publish all necessary assets across devices
- Perform QA for all email, site, & sale image updates
- Identify opportunities to innovate the business, heavy emphasis on mobile and luxury fashion
- Work with Associate & Senior Manager to improve site usability and conversion rates using analytics
- Build & manage timelines in project management system
- Partner effectively with cross-functional partners such as Merchandising, Creative, & Editorial teams
What You Bring To The Role
- Deals well with ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change & shift gears comfortably. Can make effective decisions without always having total picture
- Customer focused: improves customer experience while maintaining brand vision
- Adaptable: Learns quickly, relentlessly curious, takes risks & experiments, enjoys the challenge of the unfamiliar
- Time management: Knows how to prioritize effectively to spend time on what is important and will drive the business
- Problem solver: Uses facts and logic to find solutions
- Extremely detail-oriented and results-driven
- Communication: partners well cross-functionally. Is able to work with a variety of people in multiple settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- 1-3+ years of proven success in retail/site merchandising/marketing
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines is required.
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
- Project Management Experience a plus
- Knowledge of high value fashion a plus
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. GHR3563