The RealReal’s Finance team is looking to hire a Financial Analyst who will be an integral part of our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and projecting key financial and operational information. You will be working primarily with our Merchandising and Business Operations teams, and you will also support other teams on ad hoc projects. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and show strong leadership skills.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Prepare financial and operational reports to monitor trends and variances
- Manage month end close, annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for Merchandising and Business Operations departments
- Update headcount reporting across the Merchandising and Business Operations departments
- Work with accounting to ensure appropriate accruals have been booked at month end close
- Maintain the company’s warehouse and inventory model
- Partner with Business Operations team on Transportation and Supply Chain strategies
- Perform ROI analyses on capital requests to support the company’s strategic initiatives
- Develop and implement ideas to improve efficiencies and to eliminate non-value-added procedures and activities
- Work with the BI & Analytics team to develop reporting to provide more visibility and insight
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics or Finance
- 1 to 5 years of work experience, preferably in Finance at a high-growth startup or a large, well-established company
- Budding understanding of GAAP accounting
- Solid and improving Excel skills and proficient PowerPoint and Google Apps skills, experience in automation in Excel and/or Google Sheets preferred
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; ability to connect with team members and convey technical financial information to non-financial professionals
- Ability to work collaboratively across different functions and diverse personalities
- Desire to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- NetSuite, Adaptive Planning and/or Looker experience is a plus
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. GHR3528.