The Process Improvement Engineer will be tasked with promoting and driving efficiencies throughout the TRR network. You will have the ability to exercise independent judgement in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. This will be achieved by learning processes and using both observed methods and analyzed data to identify opportunities and communicate recommendations.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Develop, configure, and optimize processes from inception through to start up and certification
- Assess processes, take measurements, and interpret data
- Design, run, test, and upgrade systems and processes
- Develop Best Practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Build and perform process simulations
- Perform risk assessments
- Provide data analysis, process documentation, and operating instructions
- Specify equipment and tooling needed
- Support project management requirements
- Identify and track Key Performance Indicators
- Initiate short-term and long-term solutions to meet business needs
- Present and report on findings and recommendations
What You Bring To The Role
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, or a related field required
- Intermediate AutoCAD preferred
- MOST certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience using lean tools and methodologies, developing work standards, staff/labor modeling as well as capacity planning and workspace design
- Strong leadership, relationship management, and organizational planning and project management skills, in addition to technical knowledge
- Knowledge of post-implementation continuous improvement efforts and methodology
- Ability to influence clients, suppliers, and peers into adopting Best Practices in the engineering field
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3258.