A Inside Sales Manager, Business Development is responsible for the growth and success of a team of Business Development Representatives who are incentivized for the outreach, qualification, and assignment of new business inquiries.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Shadow team’s workflow and listen to phone calls to improve/monitor desired outcomes
- Ensure the team is performing across all key performance indicators and coach/train to improve in respective categories (call metrics, day 0 conversion, overall passes, etc.)
- Monitor your team’s productivity and motivate individuals to reach daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Work with senior manager and director to analyze existing workflow processes and identify appropriate opportunities to increase productivity
- Partner with direct sales team leaders to ensure a seamless consignment process for new consignors and members of both teams
- Intercept call and email escalations to resolve consignor escalations
- Provide coverage to Business Development team when short staffed
- Ensure team is following TRR process guidelines when pitching and booking client appointments
- Interview, hire, and train employees
What You Bring To The Role
- 4 year degree preferred
- 3+ years of sales experience with a luxury brand or retailer
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Must be comfortable conducting weekly performance coaching
- Set individual goals and objectives
- Monitor your team’s productivity and motivate individuals to reach daily/weekly/monthly goals.
- Hold direct reports accountable when goals are not met and work together on a solution.
- Supervise the team in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Have a problem-solving attitude
- Works cross-functionally with Sales Management from other departments.
- Analyze data on past performance and projecting future performance.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software; preferably Salesforce
- Enthusiasm about The RealReal’s brand and consignment process
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3236