We are seeking a curious and customer-centric Software Engineering Manager to lead 6-10 engineers within the Seller group here at The RealReal. The mission of the Seller Group is to increase the number of items being sold on The RealReal, to improve the efficiency of our sales and warehouse teams, and to decrease friction for our customers that are selling on The RealReal platforms. We are looking for an Engineering Manager who brings a fresh point-of-view, enjoys learning every day, and is excited about solving challenging problems for the company. We are especially excited about you if you are enthusiastic about working in the luxury retail/e-commerce space or if you are passionate about our mission of sustainability in creating a circular economy for high-end goods.
Your team is responsible for the public facing Seller functionality on the website and mobile app. You will be a strong communicator who can speak for and motivate your engineering team. You bring real world UI and server side engineering experience. Our team places a strong focus on your growth and personal development, The RealReal is a great place to develop your professional software and leadership skills.
This role reports to the Engineering Director, Seller.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Manage, mentor, and inspire your team of 6-12 talented engineers
- Partner with Product in a highly visible and critical area of The RealReal business
- Build technology to advance fashion and the circular economy / sustainable eCommerce
- Facilitate technical direction across interesting technologies -- Elixir, Typescript/React, GraphQL, Kafka, Swift (iOS), Apex (Salesforce)
What You Bring To The Role
- 7+ years of engineering experience and 1+ years of management experience
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to hire, mentor and develop diverse talent
- Values “doing it right”, metrics, and tests
- Experience building highly performant and stable systems
- Experience building world class UX
- Experience with GraphQL and optimized APIs
- Dev ops, Database, Git and Kafka fundamentals
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
Nice To Have
- Experience with Typescript / React
- Experience with Elixir or Ruby
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Native apps (iOS or Android)
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. GHRR3200.