We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with good problem-solving ability for the IT Helpdesk technician position to be based in our Secaucus Authentication Center. This position will report to the IT Manager.
The duties of a Helpdesk Technician will provide first level troubleshooting support for a variety of technical computing support issues while ensuring the highest-level customer service. This role will provide day to day support for application, hardware and networking issues. This person is expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They are required to listen to the technical needs, understand the problems and implement solutions to them.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Take ownership of existing end user device and help desk duties
- Troubleshoot issues with printers, scanners, wifi and passwords
- Respond to the daily queue of helpdesk support requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Perform on/off boarding of employees, setup equipment, restore devices
- Deploy equipment for new employees, own shipping and logistics
- Create, add and modify accounts and services across our various platforms
- Hardware/software upgrades on laptops and desktops
- Provide basic end user training on G-Suite and Office
- Maintain Google Audio/Video and conferencing equipment
- Manage hardware inventory records in Service NOW
- Based in Secaucus however occasional travel to New York City, Perth Amboy and greater NYC area will be required to support retail stores and branch offices
What You Bring To The Role
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in related tasks and/or Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge and experience supporting, troubleshooting and configuring
- Practical knowledge of Apple Mac Hardware and PC Hardware
- Thorough knowledge of Apple iOS device settings and preferences
- Strong knowledge of both MacOS and Windows-OS
- Comfortable with remote troubleshooting over phone or screen sharing, 50% of support will be remote support to branch offices or retail stores
- Basic understanding of networking and wifi required
- Excellent communicator, able to speak to end users positively and explain technical detail in a manner they can understand
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment
- Basic level experience Okta or other Identity Management platforms
- Familiar with Antivirus, Anti Malware and Disaster Recovery Services
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet established deadlines, work within a defineds SLA
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and a basic understanding of photography a plus
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. GHR3198.