The RealReal is looking for a candidate who is quick in decision-making, innovative, enjoys staying ahead of the curve and has an interest in the luxury fashion resale market. The product receiving manager will be responsible for overseeing the fashion product receivers as well as all processes related to managing inbound consignments.This position is based in Secaucus, NJ and will report to the Regional Manager, Merchandising Operations.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Receiving manager will be responsible for understanding inbound consignment product flow; Focusing all department decision making and operating procedures around consignor experience
- Partner with sales team for all product channels to communicate consignment opportunities, rejection rate issues and items exceptions to ensure all inbound items complete the inbound process in a timely manner
- Strong communication with the product loading dock to ensure all pallets of product are delivered on time, items are being processed in first in, first out method and pending backlog is clearly labeled and organized
- Strong presence on the receiving floor to assist with product distribution, answering questions about consignments and advising the team on processing large consignments.
- Handling brand & conditions standards questions, giving on the spot feedback about challenging consignments
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Oversee a team of about 40 employees to ensure all inbound product service level agreements and key performance indicators are met.
- Responsible for all hiring which includes conducting interviews, schedule assessments and presenting offer letters
- Understand headcount needs based on unit projections and being proactive about hiring for future vacancies
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive work environment that contributes to a reduction in turnover
- Constantly providing professional development for employees with a strong focus on those in leadership roles including senior receivers, leads and assistant managers
- Monitor employee performance at levels with a strong focus on leadership and elevated roles; providing coachings and trainings where needed
- Create a comprehensive onboarding program to ensure new hires have all the tools needed to succeed
- Partner with associate director to build a training program that mirrors on both coasts
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of experience managing a large team of diverse employees, preferably a non-exempt workforce. Experience in workforce planning and scheduling is required
- 10+ years of work experience preferably within a fashion, retail, e-commerce organization and/or an operationally intensive business.Strong verbal and written communication is required. Candidate must feel comfortable speaking and presenting in large groups on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities in a matrix organization
- Knowledge of luxury fashion, top designers, current styles, fabrics, silhouettes, garment construction is highly preferred
- Understanding of operational processes and feels comfortable working in a production environment
- Roll up the sleeves, action oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing and explosive growth environment
- Willingness to continuously develop, understand industry best practices and desire to stay ahead of the curve
- Advance knowledge of excel and google sheets; comfortable building reports and tracking data
- Strong leadership ability with a focus on development of talent, creating new roles and ability to drive numbers in a production based environment
- Comfortable with multitasking and making in the moment decision based on business needs
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3188