Looking for candidates with a Security, LP, Inventory, Logistics, Warehouse, and Retail background. This position reports directly to the SFUS Loss Prevention Manager and will assist in overseeing the Palo Alto retail store. This role requires flexibility to cover all locations as needed which will include nights and weekends.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Willingness to stand for long periods and greet customers at the front doors, as well as in store, and set the expectation of excellence that the customer is going to experience while in our stores.
- Collaborate with Sales Office and Luxury Consignment Office leadership to mitigate loss.
- Responsible for physical security of the building as a key holder.
- Conduct and support all internal and external investigations and bring to closure.
- Develop and manage safety and security processes and procedures, including business continuity plans.
- Develop and manage loss prevention processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Work closely with the entire leadership team of The RealReal to help support total business needs and Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Help lead weekly inventory cycle count and partner with inventory operations to reconcile inventory variances.
- Lead daily/weekly/monthly audits in locations surrounding building security, inventory control, compliance, and awareness.
- Provide physical Loss Prevention coverage to bay area locations as needed to support the business.
- Assist with all functions of the business including store objectives.
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years of Loss Prevention retail experience
- Ability to work well with all levels of management within the company
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
- Strong understanding of physical security including CCTV, EAS, alarms, access control, and lock and key
- Strong leadership and team building experience
- Very organized and ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to alarm company calls and be available after hours.
- Ability to also cover in the San Francisco location.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GH3628