As a Manager of Cafe Operations at The RealReal, you will be responsible for developing & executing the strategies for all Cafe Locations. You possess an entrepreneurial spirit, excel in innovation, and can implement strategies under pressure. Your passion for community and brand awareness is evident in your work. Above all, you embody the TRR culture through collaboration, driving results, and building a future. Role must be located next to a flagship location in NYC, Chicago, San Francisco or Los Angeles.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Developing long term strategies for all TRR in store cafes with a focus on customers acquisition through high-touch food and beverage services
- Management of events from set-up to tear down, including handling all communication with hourly staff, culinary staff and guests
- Monitor and maintain oversight of food service licenses of staff, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of service areas
- Ensure the café is consistently meeting or exceeding the highest standards of quality
- Utilization of industry knowledge for educational training on all products offered
- Align with store management on key store and company wide strategies
- Product Procurement & vendor relationship management
- Budget reviews and analysis on a Monthly & Quarterly basis
- Menu development and implementation
- Update POS, digital and price tag menu changes
What You Bring To The Role
- 3+ year experience in cafe operations
- Strong knowledge of allergens as it relates to food and drink offerings
- Ability to curate menu options that tailor to local community and TRR brand for cafes in Flagship Retail locations
- Passion for food and sustainable practices
- Experience developing educational materials
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to consistently meet daily department goals
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail
- Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.