This role will support and drive the company’s Revenue modeling and forecasting by utilizing detailed business intelligence analytics toolsets, working across business functions, and owning the financial data toolset. The primary goal of this role is to distill granular demand and supply data into meaningful trend analysis leading actionable financial plans and forecasts. This Senior Analyst will have a big opportunity for growth by leveraging data analytic skills against key financial problems and analysis.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Strategic partner to the VP of Finance for all revenue and finance analytics projects
- Lead the analytics of business intelligence data for revenue forecasting and develop a template for building out the scope for future growth - Primary liaison to Data Analytics function
- Re-conceptualize modeling, analysis, and reporting for key Gross Profit inputs: take rate, shipping margin, etc. for Senior Leadership consumption
- Partner across business functions with key input owners (Merchandising, Operations, Marketing etc.) to develop and diagnose inputs and outputs
- Play a key role in the financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and month end processes
What You Bring To The Role
- 3-5+ years of experience in Data Analytics with an interest in or some exposure to (financial analytics)
- SQL required, Looker preferred
- Demonstrate the required skills; adapting to new technologies; troubleshooting technological problems; use technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date
- Knows appropriate audience prior to communicating or expressing thoughts through an accurate communication method. Actively listen and comprehend information to keep others adequately informed
- Balance individual and team responsibilities, remaining open to other’s point of views. Incorporate feedback and provide feedback in a way that enhances performance. Operate with a positive perspective, putting success of the team above individual interests
- Understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.