This position will report to the Loss Prevention Manager. Key areas of responsibility include overseeing security, loss prevention, and general wellbeing for facilities, employees, and clients, as well as overlooking operational functions and inventory control.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- During daily duties this position will be one of the first employees’ customers see when they enter the store
- Greeting customers in a timely and appropriate manner
- Assist with High Value viewings
- Utilize CCTV to review video for safety and investigations
- Conduct daily audits, to ensure shortage control, safety, and all other Loss Prevention policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Communicate and execute security protocols i.e. bag checks, badge enforcement
- Handle and identify any security/safety related issues
- Collaborate with store management to be an effective partner for business needs
- Partner with the director to analyze the program performance and define appropriate opportunities for improvement
- Hire, train current team members on new processes and systems and to ensure adoption. Train and guide new hires during onboarding
- Develop a deep understanding of business drivers in targeted sectors as well as knowledge of optimal positioning in the marketplace
- Investigate industry trends, understand market conditions, and develop strategies to stay ahead of the competition
What You Bring To The Role
- The position requires open availability with the expectation of working evenings and weekends
- Overtime is sometimes required to meet the business needs
- Understanding of high-end retail and brands
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs of merchandise and supplies
- 2 years of Loss Prevention or Security is preferred
- Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Gmail
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.