The Sales Manager, Vendor will manage a growing team of Business Development Managers in a high performance environment that thrives on driving sales, product acquisition and managing the company’s new and existing client base. The ideal candidate is a leader who will coach and develop team members in all areas from driving incremental revenue and retaining existing business from our enterprise clients. You will need to have a proven track record of success at driving sales results with the ability to deal with ambiguity and constant change. Must possess the ability to analyze reports, uncover areas of improvement, develop innovative solutions, and implement the strategies to ensure the team is performing at a high level. This role reports to the Sr. Director Vendor Sales. Can be based in San Francisco or New York City.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Manage team’s day to day activities to ensure the team is performing at high levels across all categories and is following protocol in processing, pricing, and consignor communication.
- Responsible for increasing team performance, the consigned value brought in, and driving strategy.
- Coach your team in effective sales strategies, pipeline management, opportunity management and career planning
- Field general Q&A and elevated consignor issues directly with consignors and liaise with internal departments to solve.
- Drive internal process improvement. Liaise with authentication, operations and merchandising to provide training when needed. Partner with merchandising and marketing to align with goals and communication
- Partner with the director to analyze the existing client base and define appropriate opportunities to develop existing clients. Ensure consignors are comfortable with their new sales managers, manage re-assignments and placements
- Hire, train current team members on new processes and systems and to ensure adoption. Train and guide new hires during onboarding
- Develop a deep understanding of business drivers in targeted sectors as well as knowledge of optimal positioning in the marketplace
- Investigate industry trends, understand market conditions, and develop strategies to stay ahead of the competition
- Work cross functionally with various departments such as product, merchandising, and sales operations.
- Builds and executes basic account business plans for defined accounts. Manages the collective effort to build and maintain both strategic and tactical elements of the plan. Shares and aligns the plan with relevant stakeholders of the accounts
- Create and analyze reports in Salesforce to assess overall team performance, trends, and areas for improvements. Refine reporting on pipeline funnel to include leads, opportunities, and conversions.
What You Bring To The Role
- You have a proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Ability to thrive and be agile in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly to the team and clients
- Experienced in working at both strategic and tactical levels. Possess the ability to pull/analyze reports, identify areas of improvement, develop strategies, and implement.
- Strong customer service skills; possess the ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Seasoned in performance coaching; setting goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development
- Strong Business acumen with the ability to display orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition, and aligns work with strategic goals
- Knowledge of luxury products is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce highly preferred
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.