Associate BDRs are responsible for qualifying leads and prospecting through inbound & outbound outreach to engage with prospective consignors. This position will report into the Group Manager.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Create outbound phone and email campaigns to facilitate the initial contact with prospective consignors
- Answer inbound inquiries and qualify the prospect or connect them with the correct representative
- Work on new initiative that are assigned by leadership
- Qualify and nurture leads generated from Marketing campaigns and turn them into sales opportunities
- Identify the consignor’s needs as well as company needs and connect them with the appropriate consignment method
- Stay up-to-date on all promotions and services The RealReal offers
- Achieve daily, weekly and monthly KPIs, including but not limited to inbound and outbound call goals, appointment count and conversion rate
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar experience
- Great phone demeanor and professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly, listen thoroughly and respond quickly. Must be familiar with the fashion and Luxury marketplace
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Organized and punctual
- Able to think quickly on their feet and respond to prospect rebuttals
- Great computer skills and writing skills
- Ability to function in a high-velocity iterative environment
- Ability to achieve and maintain individual goals
- Exercises great teamwork and enthusiasm
- Executes excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to report results on a regular basis
- Ability to work within the appropriate level of independence
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.