The RealReal is looking for independent, entrepreneurial individuals who have the ability to work with very discerning clientele and have a passion for luxury products to be part of a new sales pilot program. The Luxury Account Specialist will focus exclusively on driving repeat business through our Ship Direct consignors. You’ll be motivated by a desire to win with a strong sense of personal responsibility and a “roll up your sleeves” mentality to achieve and exceed sales targets. Your ability to build rapport will be critical to your success as you work to romanticize the consignment experience with an understanding of luxury products. Your attention to detail will help you successfully navigate multiple platforms. You will hustle and have a strong business acumen to drive the key metrics of the business through repeat consignor engagement, unit value, quantity of units and new consignor referrals. The Account Luxury Specialist will provide unparalleled service for the country’s largest online luxury consignment marketplace.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Drive new sales through our repeat clientele by converting marketing generated opportunities as well as personalized strategic outreach
- Achieve repeat rate goal through outreach and consignor engagement
- Balance outbound outreach (60-100/day) with inbound calls, emails, texts to provide world class service
- Manage and move opportunities through sales pipeline using Salesforce and maintain accurate and up-to-date account notes
- Provide an outstanding customer experience to all clients
- Qualify and route consignors to ALM teammates depending on consignor needs and product mix
- Proactively resolve any consignor issues/concerns
- Set pricing and time to site expectations and stay up-to-date on resale trends + what has low/high resale value
What You Bring To The Role
- 1+ years of work experience in sales, ecommerce, or tech. Luxury experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an unwillingness to settle for anything less. Strong desire to grow your career and tackle new challenges in order to have a big impact on revenue and client set
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive and be agile in a fast-paced startup environment
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, and the ability to establish trust is mission critical
- Proven track record of exceeding sales / revenue target and comfortable working with discerning clientele.
- Ability to master multiple technical devices and systems. Proficient with Google Suite, Excel a must. Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Strong strategic selling skills, efficient time management skills, and the ability to multitask
- Able to think quickly on their feet and respond to prospect rebuttals
- Exercises great teamwork and enthusiasm
- Ability to report results on a regular basis
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.