The Group Manager will manage a growing team of Luxury Managers (LMs) who are responsible for driving supply by managing the company’s new business acquisition. You will be dedicated to your team's success and will work with your team to acquire new consignors within the respective territory while increasing supply to hit monthly sales quotas. You are obsessed with business development and driving results. In this role, you must possess the ability to analyze reports, uncover areas of improvement, develop innovative solutions, and implement the strategies to ensure the team is performing at a high level.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Shadowing on appointments, listening to phone calls, reviewing outreach attachments to improve/monitor performance
- Ensure LM’s are performing across all categories and coach/train to improve in respective categories (including referrals and new consignor acquisition). Liaise with authentication, operations and merchandising to provide training when needed
- Field general Q&A from LMs.Manage elevated consignor issues directly with consignors and liaise with consignor relations to resolve
- Ensure consignors are comfortable with their new LMs, manage re-assignments and placements
- Outreach to consignors who have not repeated and pair with a new LM assignment.
- Work with director to analyze existing client base and define appropriate opportunities to develop existing clients
- Monitor progress on each campaign and ensure LMs are receiving the next campaign in a timely manner
- Assist in tweaking messaging and execution
- Leverage customer reporting in order to identify opportunities to increase client engagement and consignments
- Manage daily operations like supplies, calendar, expenses.Breaking out goals into daily, weekly and monthly strategy; Recruitment, monthly touch bases, manage gaps in open positions and vacations
- Ensure team is following protocol in processing, pricing, consignor communication etc.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
What You Bring To The Role
- 4 year degree preferred
- 2+ years of sales management experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly to the team and consignors
- The ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) required
- Appreciation and deep interest for fashion and the luxury segment
- Complete mobility required
- Excellent customer service skills - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service ; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Communications ability - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Capacity to manage customer focus - Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Performance coaching - Defines responsibilities and expectations; sets goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others
- Ability to manage people - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Business acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals
- Consultative selling - Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; applies product and market knowledge effectively; presents solutions that meet customer objectives; manages and documents sales process
- Achievement focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Planning and organizing ability - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.