The Real Real is looking for temporary Cargo Driver to join the Facilities Team! This role will be part of the team responsible for driving a company vehicle following a set schedule or route to pick/drop off employees.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Shuttle van driver must arrive to work on time, drive company vehicle following a set schedule or route. Pick/Drop off employees up from Secaucus Junction to The RealReal Authentication Center
- Driver must gain familiarity with their route by studying maps if necessary.
- Driver must maintain constant contact with the manager and keep track of passenger pickups and drop-offs as necessary.
- When passengers have questions, driver must respond in a polite and friendly manner, deal with any complaints, and help with luggage as needed.
- If problematic situations escalate, they have to contact the manager.
- Work the schedule : Monday-Friday 3:00pm-8:30pm Saturday 8am - 8pm
What You Bring To The Role
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Grip, lift, push, pull, and carry wheeled, plastic bins over, up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations
- Be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening and background check
- Demonstrate safe and efficient driving skills
- At least 1-2 years of route transportation experience is required
- Computer proficiency
- Attention to detail and accuracy in paperwork
- Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to adhere and enforce all safety and security procedures
- Safely load and unload from the shuttle
- CDL preferred
- Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.