As a Sales Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the sales team by ensuring that consignment received from consignors meet established condition standards set by the company.This position is based in Los Angeles, CA and will report to the Senior Regional Director of Field Sales.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Partner with Luxury Managers to ensure luxury items meet established condition standards before shipping to our warehouse
- Spot clean items with baby wipes
- Examine garments to check for staining or holes
- Check handbags, shoes, and garments to ensure there are no "foreign" items
- Work closely with Luxury Managers on what is a priority to process
- Label all processed bags and place them in appropriate bins to go to Arizona
- Keep Luxury Managers informed of anything important regarding the consignment
- Process consignment using an application to document items
- Partner with merchandising to ensure items are on our approved list of designers
- Drive to meet Luxury Managers and Assistant Luxury Managers on appointments to pick up product returning to the office to process
- Safely handling and caring for luxury fashion items
- Pack shipments securely, following required specifications
- Conduct quality inspections on packaging and documentation
- Responsible for processing all parcel shipments with the designated carrier; FedEx/UPS/USPS
- Maintain shipping supplies and organize inventory
- General warehousing practices; safety and organization, housekeeping and trash removal, etc.
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Regional Director
What You Bring To The Role
- At least 1 year of work experience in a fashion setting
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- This position requires the ability to move and lift boxes up to 25 pounds on a regular basis
- Knowledge of luxury fashion designers preferred
- Comfortable collaborating with co-workers
- Clean driving record
- Fluency with basic computer applications (Word, Excel, databases, etc.)
- Accuracy and attention to detail are important
- Must be punctual and available to work overtime as needed
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.