Responsible for maintaining the Fulfillment centers Inbound/Outbound docks processing and storage. Direct and support the Dock/Line/Product Handling teams. You are responsible for the organization and cleanliness of assigned areas and are one of the top safety advocates for the facility. Ensure incoming and outgoing freight is handled correctly and efficiently by monitoring workflow and proper communication. Responsible for all warehouse lift equipment. You will handle general employee inquiries and solve problems. Must be able to collaborate and work with departments outside of fulfillment and maintain a high level of serviceability and be able to conduct a daily inspection of assigned areas. Set a strong example and lead to instill a service mentality in your teams.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Oversee Dock process and flow to ensure FIFO Practices are being met
- Drive Quality Control for all Palletizing processes to minimize inventory loss
- Oversee safe handling and care of luxury fashion items
- Assist and support Management to help organize, motivate and train associates
- Perform job observations to provide feedback to associates regarding job performance
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and have transparency with Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Conduct quality inspections on packaging and documentation
- Perform tasks associated with the department to set the pace for daily productivity
- Maintain supplies and organize inventory
- Partner with Management to drive continuous improvement within the department
- Responsible for planning and carrying out projects on target dates
- General warehousing practices; safety and organization, housekeeping and trash removal, etc.
What You Bring To The Role
- 1/2+ years experience in warehouse dock & palletizing operations, direct-to-Luxury items is a plus
- At least 2 years of proven experience of effectively leading groups of hourly employees
- Experience with WM Systems and Productivity Goals
- Performance driven mindset
- Detail oriented & problem solving skills to drive daily improvements
- Experience with Microsoft Office & Google Doc
- Flexible & willing to multitask as the business requires
- Flexibility to accommodate schedule as the business requires
- Experience with providing feedback and conducting team meetings
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and teamwork
- Experience with Tickets platform is a plus (Zendesk)
- Able to work weekends
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.