The Authentication Supervisor role is an exempt supervisory role, responsible for overseeing the development of the Low Risk Authentication team in partnership with the Assistant Manager. The Authentication Supervisor is expected to adapt to department / business needs while maintaining a focus on team performance, training, and development.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Reports directly into the Assistant Manager with a dotted line to the Manager.
- Responsible for overseeing a team of 10-15 people.
- Conduct both formal and informal feedback conversations to support development of the Team.
- In partnership with the Assistant Manager, hold the team accountable for meeting / exceeding department goals and demonstrating company values.
- Maintain weekly / monthly touch bases with direct and indirect managers to discuss one's growth and results.
- Work closely with Assistant Managers to address training and development opportunities within the team.
- Communicate and work closely with the Management team on a daily basis.
- Ensure ramp up goals are met weekly for new hires and authenticators being cross trained.
- Help hold the team accountable to policy and procedure such as time and attendance.
- Communicate company initiatives and critical messages to the Authentication team.
- Maintain a high level of engagement through coaching and motivating the team on a daily basis.
- Responsible for driving team KPI’s and team engagement while running the floor.
- Empower others and delegate when able to promote individual growth.
- Build and maintain effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Ensure product handlers and support functions are adhering to department needs daily.
- Work closely with the management team to drive business strategies that will improve production and department results. \
- Manages daily operational tasks according to brand standards.
- Acts as a brand ambassador and advocate for TheRealReal.
What You Bring To The Role
- College degree preferred but not required (fashion studies/merchandising, textiles studies, etc.).
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of luxury fashion experience (retail included).
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and detail oriented.
- Communicate and work closely with Management on a daily basis
- Can effectively communicate upwards as well as provide peer to peer feedback.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills.
- Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration.
- Passionate about continuous learning and adapts to feedback.
- Strong business acumen and ability to align work with company goals.
- Ability to lead by example and maintain a positive team culture. Adheres to all policies and procedures at TheRealReal.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.