As a Barista you will engage with our consignors, customers, and employees by nurturing community in our stores through food, drink and ambiance. You will create a variation of innovative and delicious drinks, serve local pastries and curated meals to enhance the customer's store journey and provide them a space to relax and enjoy our beautiful stores. Our cafes are special to us, as they weave in experiential retail with our sustainability mission for our consignors and customers. Your knowledge of our food and beverage program as well as our TRR products, services and values allow us to engage at a higher level with our community.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Nurture an innovative café experience by connecting with our consignors and customers whilst delivering our delicious cafe offerings
- Welcome and convert new customers while simultaneously servicing regulars
- Deliver top quality drinks and food offerings according to TRR’s food and beverage standards
- Educate customers on all product knowledge including coffee rotations, origins, flavor profiles and attributes,
- Participate in a continuous learning environment
- Meet the needs of customers creatively when faced with unique requests
What You Bring To The Role
- Positive, engaging attitude with consignors, customers and team members
- Demonstrated experience in hospitality
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment
- 1+ years of restaurant or cafe experience with knowledge, expertise and passion of high quality food and beverage offerings (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience with different brewing methods, experience on a La Marzocco Strada AV, EE or Modbar (preferred)
- Ability to collaborate with team members, and a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work retail hours, including Saturday and Sunday and holiday periods
- Food Protection Certificate (ServSafe or ANSI)
- Ability to calibrate espresso
- Proficient in steaming milk and latte art
- POS, Table Service and Cash handling experience
- Passionate about the TRR brand and mission
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.