We are seeking a Digital Design Director with extensive web and digital experience. This leader will direct the visual experience across The RealReal website. You will be responsible for the creative direction that maximizes engagement, tells the stories of our products, drives conversion, and amplifies our brand. You will mentor, manage, and grow a team of full-time visual designers.
The ideal candidate will have managed creative for a top online website and has a track record for delivering bar-raising digital work. You will drive and manage how the TRR brand comes to life digitally with our brand creative team and take our website to the next level.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Oversee creative direction and strategy for the TRR website as well as design experiences across the site for personalization, marketing and content.
- Lead and develop a team of highly talented web designers, providing leadership and rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- Direct and elevate the visual system for TRR, including page templates, modules, typography, color, and design patterns
- Partner with stakeholders on creative that elevates product launches, digital events, content updates, big redesigns, and creative asset production
- Manage outside creative agencies and ensure TRR is accurately and effectively represented as a brand
- Work closely with the Brand Team to ensure a harmonious integration of the brand into the digital experiences, creating a seamless connection for customers across all touchpoints
- Use a metrics and research-driven approach to analyze, create, and evangelize design strategy to internal partners in various organizations and levels
- Lead brainstorming and creative sessions to generate ideas that drive compelling experiences that will delight our customers
- Stay on top of the latest trends in web design and technology, and propose new ways to elevate our digital experiences
What You Bring To The Role
- 10+ years of experience leading creative, exhibiting thoughtful leadership in creative and design trends
- 3+ years of management experience leading design teams
- Experience as a creative director for a top-tier website
- Deep expertise working on mobile-first, responsive websites;
- Experience building and implementing visual design systems for websites including code-based design systems and style guides
- Demonstrated ability to guide, develop and retain a growing team, set goals, delegate responsibilities, hold teams accountable for outcomes, and provide feedback
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Incredible eye for detail and obsessively meticulous
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases your expertise and fit for this role
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.