The Product Handler, Authentication is a non-management role, that will support the authentication department via inventory control and product movement to streamline operations within the department.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Distribute received product to the authentication department
- Sort and organize product based on level and category
- Manage intra-authentication product movement
- Replenish Authenticator’s racks as needed throughout the day and ensure the accurate product is readily available for each authenticator to provide minimal workflow disruption
- Audit product in the production area to ensure
- Scan and track product in authentication locations
- Unpack and scan units transferred from LCOs and other warehouses
- Partner with authentication management to understand and support daily processing strategy with the consigner experience at the forefront
- Manage the flow of exception product by picking up exceptions and consolidating them for management to audit
What You Bring To The Role
- Able to lift up to 30lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Able to handle and distribute large quantities of clothing and binned fashion product in a day
- Strong communication skills
- Someone who works well independently
- Great time management skills
- Understanding of TRR operation pipeline
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Highly motivated and proactive
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.