Reporting directly to the Regional Director - West, this role will interact daily with executives across the company and will be a key member of the team focused on the continued growth of The RealReal. Overall responsibility will include leading the strategic growth of the Madison Avenue brick and mortar space, team and development.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Ownership of operational execution of shop to achieve necessary revenue targets while balancing budget and expenses
- Maximize the potential of all product categories carried in the store, leveraging all available support and fostering synergies between categories
- Drive the execution of an elevated client experience
- Accountable for hiring, training and development of shop team
- P&L ownership of retail shop
- Ensure team structure, capacity and efficiency adjusts appropriately to scale with financial targets
- Responsible for coordinating merchandising strategy including assortment, replenishment and revisions with merchant team in order to achieve revenue targets
- Partner with dedicated Marketing team members to ensure traffic goals and awareness are met and communication is coordinated
- Collaborate with Operations leaders to ensure fulfillment activities meet warehouse standards and our online clients receive their packages based on our standard service level
- Ownership of reporting and analytics to support strategic decision making and performance assessment
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MBA desired but not necessary (we love brilliant people that didn’t go to business school!)
- 5 years’ experience managing a strategic growth initiative that require significant investment to scale and reach profitability
- Experience working with a sales or retail organization and/or operationally intensive business.
- Fascination for and understanding of operations and managing growth in an online marketplace and the e-commerce industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment setting.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse personalities in a matrix organization.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.