We are looking for Senior Software Engineers! As a luxury consignment and eCommerce company, almost everything we sell is unique and in different conditions. Every day we receive tens of thousands of items in our warehouses; This presents a unique set of challenges as every item we process must be treated individually.
Some of the optimization challenges associated with having unique items with unique conditions are that every item must be photographed, every item must have its unique description, and must be carefully priced based on condition. Along with these exciting challenges, we also have multiple warehouses, where we are figuring out how to optimize storage across multiple locations and optimize shipping when shipping from multiple warehouses.
The RealReal has the most rigorous authentication process in the marketplace. The Employee Operations Engineering team supports 150+ brand authenticators, gemologists, and horologists who work in our authentication process.
** This role is open to remote applicants **
What You Get To Do Every Day
- You'll build tools and technology for the unique challenges of luxury authentication and fraud detection
- You’ll create new and innovative systems, alongside streamlining and optimizing current processes
- You’ll be exposed to the latest technology, a ubiquitous data-driven culture, and a team of dedicated individuals ready to collaborate
- Build software tools for better reporting and telemetry on our warehouse processes
- You’ll build algorithms and services to price and copywriting our items along with Data Science, so they require as little human adjustment as possible
- You'll build tools that will support and streamline the authentication process.
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ Years experience in a Software Engineering role
- Strong understanding in building production-ready web applications and systems
- Fluency with any of Ruby, Elixir, Erlang, Go, Node.js, Python, PHP or Scala. Ruby and Elixir are our primary languages - if you don’t have prior exposure to either of these, we have resources to help learn!
- Strong understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools
- Mastery of git and Github workflows
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with machine learning or related technologies
- Experience building Operations and Logistics applications
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Kafka
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. GHR3162.