This Director hire will play a critical role on our Business Operations leadership team, responsible for ensuring operational excellence and scalability within TRR Operations. The RealReal is looking for an innovative and experienced leader to help us evolve our Operations Strategy focused on Inventory Control. In this role, you will work directly with the Vice President of Business Operations in supporting Operations, Retail, and Transportation on inventory control enhancements. This person will be responsible for establishing a long term vision and roadmap to drive transformational change and continuous improvement in our inventory control processes. They will work cross-functionally both within Operations (Inbound, Outbound, and Client Services) and with other functions (Sales, Finance) to implement identified improvements.
This is a great opportunity to join a strategy team that is diverse and ambitious. We couple data driven analysis with people focused relationships, working to establish best-in-class practices for our luxury resale business. We value integrity, excellence, transparency and accountability. We tackle complex challenges collaborating cross-functionally to ensure the best experiences for our consignors and customers.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Provide leadership in inventory control-related activities, while working closely with Operations and other cross-functional partners (ex. Product Management, Business Intelligence, Shortage Control, Client Services), providing thought partnership on our key priorities around operational excellence and inventory control
- Monitor the overall inventory health of our Authentication Centers, Stores, and Luxury Consignment Offices. This includes reviewing and analyzing inventory control metrics and driving continued process improvement opportunities with the goal of reduced shrink
- Partner and coach cross-functional teams to develop and set annual/quarterly OKRs for inventory control
- Manage strategic projects from strategy to implementation, leading cross-functional teams, evaluating hypotheses, defining project scope, and leading operational execution; Provide structure to complex problems using frameworks, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and capability roadmaps
- Ensure routine and consistent reporting to leadership on key areas of the business, particularly around inventory control and exceptions management
What You Bring To The Role
- 10+ years experience in Supply Chain/ Operations Strategy, Inventory Control, or combination of functions within an ecommerce environment
- 5+ years driving transformational programs including analytics, process design, technology innovation and change management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced client-focused organization with unique physical inventory
- Demonstrated experience in leading without direct control
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to establish strong and trusting relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders across the organization, at all levels
- Experience at improving inventory movement throughout supply chain, and within individual facilities, from beginning to end
- Experience with single sku and/ or luxury inventory a plus
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.