Ready for an authentic experience? You’ll hit the ground running and have an opportunity to create real-world business solutions at The RealReal. You’ll be part of a collaborative team where you’ll have the opportunity to both lead and drive results. We are the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. This 10 week paid internship program will kick off in June 2021, and provide exposure to our e-Commerce centers and technology innovations that are truly disrupting the luxury retail industry.
Engineering Interns will join our team at The RealReal, participating in it's daily life. You’ll attend standups, technical design sessions, debug issues with the team, and work on production code. The first few weeks of your internship will be ramping up and tackling smaller tasks - after which you will tackle a signature project, intended to ship to production. These projects are appropriately scoped (~6 weeks), will provide meaningful business value, and will be presented to senior executives at the end of your internship. At the end of your time at The RealReal, you’ll walk away with valuable experience working in an organization at scale - and a feature you can be proud of that survives you!
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Take ownership from day one; jumpstart your career as a full-fledged part of our business, immediately owning critical projects, joining cross-functional teams, supporting decisions and liaising with departments across the company
- Take a proactive role by contributing thoughtful and valuable work, taking ownership of assigned tasks, and collaborating with your peers
- Find innovative solutions to unique business challenges and continuously evolving needs, constantly iterating and learning as you go
- Partner with mentors to review work, discuss goals and experience while ensuring defined projects are on target for completion
- Attend engineering standups, technical design sessions, debug issues with the team, and work on production code
- Complete a signature project, intended to ship to production
What You Bring To The Role
- Rising Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Prior experience or coursework with Ruby or Elixir is a strong plus
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- An organized approach to prioritizing projects and the ability to multitask
- Scrappy, roll up your sleeves approach to problem-solving
- Want to make a meaningful impact on the world around you
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.