What You Get To Do Every Day
- Help The RealReal build an innovative café experience connecting customers with high-touch food and beverage services through leadership of Baristas.
- Experience in managing a small team of 3-5 employees
- Responsible for food and beverage orders, Purchase Order maintenance & vendor correspondence
- Responsible for scheduling
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly sales reporting
- Passion for coffee and tea, have the desire to learn more about coffee and tea.
- Experienced with different brewing methods & experience on a La Marzocco Strada AV, EE or Modbar
- Ability to calibrate Espresso
- Proficient in steaming milk and latte art
- Food Safety (time+temp+FIFO)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solver
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment
- Strong free pour latte art skills
- Able to multitask
- Ensure the café is consistently meeting or exceeding the highest standards of quality in every drink and food item served
- Help to organize and lead any coffee-based community or educational events, held within or outside of the store
- Be knowledgeable on all product offered, including coffee rotations, origins, and attributes, through regular cuppings, product tastings, and self-education
- Work with store management to maintain alignment with the key store and company-wide strategies
What You Bring To The Role
- 3-5 years of leadership at restaurants or cafes
- Food Protection License (ServSafe or ANSI)
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of relevant food and beverage offerings
- Positive, engaging attitude with customers, especially during times of high-volume
- Strong sense of teamwork and a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work retail hours, including Saturday and Sunday and holiday periods
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.