This Senior Systems Engineer will help build out our existing infrastructure and troubleshoot problems as they arise. You will be responsible for prioritizing mission critical tasks and coordinating the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t get in the way of daily operations. Your main focus will be on automating current and future processes through scripting to reduce manual tasks and the potential for human error.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Solve technical challenges and tasks with automation. Must have a passion for scripting and working with REST APIs
- Build,configure,maintain server instances on premise or in the cloud
- Deploy, maintain,monitor stacks of applications in AWS
- Provide Tier III support to end users; Mentors the helpdesk support team.
- Be apart of the scheduled on call rotation
- Perform capacity planning, ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Test and implement software update requests across all business line systems, to ensure functionality is maintained and/or improved.
- Research, recommend and implement innovative, and where possible automated approaches for processes and system administration tasks
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures which may include: system diagrams, system overviews, knowledge base entries, service level agreements, IT policies
- Drives projects from inception to completion of a complex nature; Act as project manager and/or provide expert consultation on complex projects, being considered a top-level subject matter expert on technologies who relies on experience and expert judgment to accomplish project goals
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate frequently with IT 3rd party service providers
- Has a passion for writing and maintaining documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Information Systems
- 7+ years IT experience
- 3-5 years engineering experience in a complex environment consisting of a large diverse population of users, computers, applications and technologies both on premise and in the cloud
- Advanced Python scripting knowledge
- Experience With AWS
- VMware Vsphere experience
- Experience with Okta or another identity management tool
- Information Security best practices
- Monitoring tools (solarwinds,datadog)
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.