The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is looking to hire a Network Security Engineer.This position will be responsible for management and maintenance of the company's LAN/WAN environment, VOIP contact center system. It will include oversight of the daily upkeep and administration of the company's network infrastructure with a strong emphasis on security and compliance.
This position is based in New York City and will report to the Senior Director of IT & Infrastructure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, design, analyze, modify, implement, document, enhance and maintain corporate network.
- Work closely with the security team to maintain the network secured and compliant
- Serve as the technical leader on all network related topics and new sites implementation
- Resolve production issues minimizing system down time, and ensuring that the network is operational.
- Proactively identify and correct network issues, bandwidth bottlenecks, and upgrade both IOS and hardware as needed.
- Recommend enhancements for corporate network design and components.
- Develop network reports on the health and status of the network.
- Document the network and updates documentation whenever changes are performed (change management).
- Work closely with other members of the IT and DevOps Team
- Work closely with Information Security department to develop a set of network security standards and best practices for the organization and recommend security enhancements to management as needed; develop strategies to respond to and recover from security incidents/breaches.
- Install, Configure, manage and use advance software features to protect organization's sensitive information.
- Address any vulnerabilities from penetration testing that might be exploited by a malicious party.
- 3- 7 years relevant experience
- Network routing and high availability protocols
- Converged networks (voice, data)
- Network virtualization technologies and network topologies
- Routing, switching and wireless technologies
- Dynamic routing protocols (significant experience on medium scale multi-site OSPF or BGP implementation required)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching including STP, RSTP and Ether Channel
- Solarwinds Orion or equivalent monitoring tool
- Application transport and infrastructure protocols and an understanding of how to support them through VPN tunnels and firewalls.
- VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Aruba Wireless controllers
- Cisco or Juniper Switches/Firewalls
- VPN technologies
- VOIP infrastructure (avaya or cisco)
- experience with a configuration management solution (chef , puppet , ansible ...etc)
- AWS routing
- WAN accelerators
- Linux/Unix and/or Windows operating systems, systems administration, utilities, tools and applications
- Scripting knowledge