Who We Are:
Our singular mission is to help people feel better naturally. We believe that when people feel better, they’re freer to do what moves them. We’re committed to continuous innovation and surround ourselves with specialists, thought leaders, and experts - inside and outside of the office.
We’re dedicated to leading the tech wellness industry, and that starts with our employees. If you thrive in creative environments, are concerned with big, innovative ideas, love to collaborate, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are driven to succeed, get in touch with us. Together we can push the limits of what can be achieved for everybody.
Who We’re Looking For:
Therabody is looking for an amazing addition to our rapidly growing Accounting team who can manage the accounting process for our Retail channel. The role requires strong partnership with both internal and external partners and includes managing a growing team of accountants and assisting with system enhancement projects. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and build the Retail accounting function by defining key processes and developing methodologies on key estimates.
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement closing activities and the preparation of related financial statements and various ad hoc reports
- Participates in the monthly review, and analysis of actual vs. planned results to identify upcoming events, additional accruals or other missing liabilities and communicates findings to accounting and finance partners
- Provides day-to-day supervision and guidance to Senior Accountants and conducts regular 1:1 check-ins, performance management, and goal setting
- Leads the preparation, analysis, and reporting of monthly retail inventory and cost of goods sold transactions including capitalization, costing, valuation, obsolescence, and shrinkage
- Reviews and approves monthly rent schedules, which requires a general understanding of executed lease agreements, as well as SG&A invoices for retail stores
- Works with Operations to maintain and execute consistent procedures related to inventory management and controls
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and implementation of a documented system of retail accounting policies and procedures
- Assist the Retail team with regards to opening new stores, closing stores, troubleshooting register issues, and correcting receiving issues to preserve the integrity of the point-of-sale data
- Collaborate with IT and be the primary business process owner with regards to the point-of-sale system
- Coordinate with external auditors for interim and year-end audit process, including preparation of audit schedules, organize and review supporting documentation for audit
The Right Person Would Have
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Demonstrated Retail industry experience
- 5+ years of corporate accounting experience
- 2+ years of People Management
- Proficient in Netsuite and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge US GAAP concepts and ability to communicate basic accounting concepts
- Previous experience with lease accounting a bonus!
- Ability to multitask, capable of taking initiative, and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn, detail-oriented, and ability to work independently and in team environment
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Dallas, TX
Therabody is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment-related decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. We will strive to provide an environment free of discrimination to our team members, customers, guests, and suppliers. We seek contributors from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their empowered, passionate, and authentic selves to work every day.