Who We Are:
Our singular mission is to help people feel better naturally. We believe that when people feel better, they’re freer to do what moves them. We’re committed to continuous innovation and surround ourselves with specialists, thought leaders, and experts - inside and outside of the office.
We’re dedicated to leading the tech wellness industry, and that starts with our employees. If you thrive in creative environments, are concerned with big, innovative ideas, love to collaborate, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are driven to succeed, get in touch with us. Together we can push the limits of what can be achieved for everybody.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Country Controller is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and finance activities in the territory, including accounting operations, billing and collections, local tax matters, statutory reports, etc. This is a new role for a new local operation and the Country Controller will be responsible for building a team to support the local needs and operations. In this start-up mode, the role will be hands-on and work closely with the Territory/Country Manager to build our distribution, marketing and education operations. The role will report to the VP, International Finance or their delegate and be a business partner strong business partner with the Territory General Manager and work closely with global finance, tax and accounting leadership.
- Drive growth within the territory as we launch new lines of business in partnership with the Country / Regional Manager and the leadership team as we launch our direct distribution, marketing and education business in the region.
- Build and lead a new accounting and finance organization to support the business and continue to develop talent within the organization
- Act as trusted business partner to the local leadership team
- Lead strategic and financial assessments of commercial initiatives, including identifying new potential growth opportunities across the region
- Lead the annual operating plan process for Japan, including interfacing with HQ finance teams, partnership with Japan leadership to outline the plan, and supporting alignment on the Japanese strategy with central HQ leadership
- Lead all month-end activities, working with the local team and global controllership, including hands-on review and actions in this new start-up territory.
- Manage and operate all finance and accounting functions from accounting, through billing and collections, vender payments, etc.
- Ensure all global accounting and control policies and standards are maintained in the territory.
- Coordinate local tax matters in conjunction with global tax management.
- Lead various FP&A activities for the territory, including, monthly financial and operational reports, quarter close, quarterly forecasting, annual operating planning process, headcount tracking, etc
- Compile and analyze financial information to help with the preparation of financial statements including monthly and annual accounts in accordance with GAAP as well as annual statutory reporting.
The Right Person Would Have
- Prior experience as a controller or assistant controller for a distribution organization in the territory.
- An appropriate university or college degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 4+ years of corporate accounting experience including experience in leading a team
- Knowledge US GAAP concepts and ability to communicate basic accounting concepts
- Ability to multitask, capable of taking initiative, and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent English oral and written language communication skills
- A problem-solver who has the ability to suggest solutions and has strong analytical and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn, detail-oriented, and ability to work independently and in team environment
Therabody is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment-related decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. We will strive to provide an environment free of discrimination to our team members, customers, guests, and suppliers. We seek contributors from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their empowered, passionate, and authentic selves to work every day.