Who We Are:
Our singular mission is to help people feel better naturally. We believe that when people feel better, they’re freer to do what moves them. We’re committed to continuous innovation and surround ourselves with specialists, thought leaders, and experts - inside and outside of the office.
We’re dedicated to leading the tech wellness industry, and that starts with our employees. If you thrive in creative environments, are concerned with big, innovative ideas, love to collaborate, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are driven to succeed, get in touch with us. Together we can push the limits of what can be achieved for everybody.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a Director of Retail Operations who is a visionary leader with excellent project management and communication skills. This person will help grow our retail presence while leading a success-driven team and delivering a consistent store experience across our retail locations upholding the Therabody brand. This role will work closely with internal executives across multiple departments to strategize our retail expansion and own P&L responsibilities for all locations. We currently have 5 retail/experience locations with plans to grow in 2021!
- Oversee implementation and adoption of current retail strategies as our retail presence grows
- Manage budget for store overhead, staffing, and expenses
- Review current retail processes, identifying areas of improvements and evolving the vision
- Responsible for the retail operating model, driving retail operation excellence and standards across all markets
- Responsible for new and current lease negotiations, including researching demographic trends for new locations and making educated recommendations on new locations.
- Research and evaluate new retail locations, and oversee store openings
- Create standard operating procedures (SOP) for retail operations
- Oversee and project manage the internal/external team for sourcing, implementation, and troubleshooting of store software/IT tools
- Work with HQ to ensure retail operations are meeting Therabody brand standards
- Using retail customer feedback, continuously work to improve operations processes (i.e. design improvements and customer service approaches)
- Work with key cross-functional business partners within marketing, design, sales, and operations to support retail needs.
- Work with retail experience team and design team to evaluate current retail store plans and optimize for new store openings
The Right Person Would Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Marketing, or a related field
- 7-10 years of experience in a similar operational or retail store leadership roles and past work in start-up / high-growth environments.
- Experience managing 15+ retail locations with more than 3 store openings per quarter.
- Preferred Experience: Real Estate negotiation
- Preferred Experience: European store operations including real estate terms in European markets.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Therabody
- Strong desire to work in an entrepreneurial start-up culture is a must
- Highly detail-oriented, strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple overlapping store openings across the US and reprioritize when needed