Who We Are:
Theragun is a health and wellness company founded on the core principle that the more our bodies can move, the richer and more fulfilling our lives will be. We are a team-oriented, high-energy, creative workplace that thrives on ideas and collaboration, from design to product development to sales strategy. We’re looking for smart, driven individuals who are ready to hit the ground running with new ideas. And then recover from all that running.
Founded by chiropractor Dr. Jason Wersland in 2008 and officially launched in 2016, Theragun is at the forefront of revolutionizing muscle treatment. As the world leader in this space, we continue to innovate modern solutions for muscle pain relief, performance enhancement, and faster recovery. We are trusted by more than 250 professional sports teams worldwide; world-renowned trainers, physical therapists, chiropractors, athletes, and celebrities; and everyday people in over 40 countries.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Public Relations Associate who will assist in handling all aspects of different PR activities and strategies in order to manage Theragun’s public image. This position will support the VP of Communications and Theragun’s external PR Agencies.
- Plan and execute publicity strategies and campaigns to promote our brand and activities.
- Help in managing the company’s interaction with our external media agencies
- Assist in overseeing our brands via print, broadcast, and online communications.
- Keep up-to-date on new promotional opportunities and the progress of our current PR campaigns
- Engage in regular market research relevant to our company’s PR initiatives and campaigns.
- Attend relevant networking and media events including meetings with clients, and partner organizations.
- Draft and distribute press releases, fact sheets, media invites, and all other communications relevant to press initiatives.
- Develop and cultivate strong ties with the media to help generate visibility opportunities.
- Liaise with Journalist influencers, and other members of the media; pitching when needed to secure the necessary media coverage.
- Coordinate inbound interview requests for all media outlets including: television, radio, magazine, podcast, and others.
- Assist with the planning and execution of press launches and other promotional events.
- Maintain up-to-date press list by collecting and editing the contact information of Journalists and other members of the media.
- Follow the activities of our brand in order to adapt to our activities.
- Assist in preventing or responding to negative media coverage.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s bylaws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
The Right Person Would Have:
- 3+ Years of experience in Public Relations; Agency experience ideal.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Creativity and sense of initiative.
- Full understanding of media needs and media relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Strong multitasking skills; ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working under pressure to tight deadlines and being organized to run several initiatives at the same time.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Use of good judgment in what you report and how you report it.
- Trustworthy to manage sensitive/confidential information.
- Proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- All you can eat snacks and beverages
- Open collaborative work space
- Fun, dog friendly environment!
Location: Santa Monica