The COVID-19 pandemic was an unprecedented challenge for global enterprises and brought widespread social and economic disruption. Many public- and private-sector institutions continue to experience challenges including health safety, risk management, and extensive effort and expense associated with curating and responding to the continuously evolving COVID-19 landscape.
In 2020, the Public Health Company (PHC) was founded with the mission to protect lives and livelihoods by delivering biosecurity intelligence and decision support with unprecedented speed via a global biosecurity platform for public and private enterprise. PHC is a growing world-class team assembled from diverse sectors including public health professionals, tech innovators, data scientists, and infectious disease experts
We are seeking a Director of Public Health & Clinical Design to design, build and roll-out the clinical aspects of the products that deliver our company’s vision and strategy.
At PHC, our Clinical team works in partnership with our epidemiologists, data scientists, software engineers, and physicians to develop and implement a software system that leverages artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), genomic epidemiology and software to control and prevent the occurrence and spread of communicable diseases. Through sound knowledge of disease control investigations and operations, this role would provide expertise and insights into processes to improve, streamline, and maximize the efficiency of our product in case investigation, management, and prevention of further disease transmission.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with the product team to help design the clinical product strategy;
- Working closely with engineering and design teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources;
- Representing the company by engaging customers and key partners to solicit feedback on company products and services; and
- Leading the clinical team consisting of Public Health Nurses and Public Health Experts.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Background in public health, specific to disease control/communicable disease
- Background in managing time-bound projects as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong creative skills; ability to see new solutions to old problems and willingness to develop new tools and approaches
- 3-5 years experience participating in outbreak containment and prevention in a public health or population setting
- Experience with case and contact investigations for communicable disease based on traditional government guidelines
- Knowledge and expertise in investigating and managing outbreaks in the setting of population health
- Strong knowledge of reportable diseases, treatment, and management algorithms, and their implications
- Experience educating and orienting new staff (clinical and non clinical) to operational processes
- Strong technology skills (working in G-suite, navigating electronic health record databases, subject matter specific applications)
- Experience in evaluating and drawing conclusions from multiple data sources; evaluate problems, policies, procedures, algorithms, and formulate an effective course of action while also articulating the course of action to team members
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record in working with teams on time-bound project deliverables
- Advanced degree in an area of public health, epidemiology, or infectious disease. Degrees considered include MD, DO, NP, PA, PhD, MPH, DVM or Masters degree in Nursing.
- Public health or population health experience is required
- Experience in software development or digital health is a bonus
PHC is a startup company, with the attendant excitement, energy, and opportunity for growth that a startup environment entails. The team supports remote-first employment and candidates from anywhere in the US are welcome to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation is highly competitive and includes salary and stock option grants.
The Public Health Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.