The impact of communicable disease on our communities and businesses is all too clear at the moment, and the decision-makers with the responsibility to protect us deserve better information, better tools, and better support than the current public health system provides. The Public Health Company is building next-generation public health capabilities to empower public and private institutions globally. The team leading PHC are nationally known experts in their field, assembled from diverse sectors including federal/state public health, health technology, financial markets, and pandemic preparedness.
We are seeking a Public Health Expert to help us provide expertise and clinical guidance for our clients.
At PHC, our Clinical team works in partnership with our epidemiologists, data scientists, software engineers, and physicians to develop and implement a software system that leverages artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), genomic epidemiology and software to control and prevent the occurrence and spread of communicable diseases. Through sound knowledge of disease control investigations and operations, this role would provide expertise and insights into processes to improve, streamline, and maximize the efficiency of our product in case investigation, management, and prevention of further disease transmission.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong clinical and supervisorial background in public health, specific to disease control/communicable disease
- 3-5 years experience leading outbreak containment and prevention in a public health or population setting
- Experience with case and contact investigations for communicable disease based on traditional government guidelines
- Knowledge and expertise in investigating and managing outbreaks in the setting of population health
- Strong knowledge of reportable diseases, treatment, and management algorithms, and their implications
- Experience educating and orienting new staff (clinical and non clinical) to operational processes
- Strong technology skills (working in G-suite, navigating electronic health record databases, subject matter specific applications)
- Experience in evaluating and drawing conclusions from multiple data sources; evaluate problems, policies, procedures, algorithms, and formulate an effective course of action while also articulating the course of action to team members
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record in working with teams on time-bound project deliverables
- Advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, or infectious disease. Degrees considered include MD, DO, NP, PA, PhD, MPH, DVM or Masters degree in Nursing.
- Public health experience is required
PHC is a startup company, with the attendant excitement, energy, and opportunity for growth that a startup environment entails. The team supports remote-first employment and candidates from anywhere in the US are welcome to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and includes generous stock options.
The Public Health Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.