The impact of communicable disease on our communities and businesses is all too clear at the moment, and the decision-makers with the responsibility to protect us deserve better information, better tools, and better support than the current public health system provides. The Public Health Company is building next-generation public health capabilities to empower public and private institutions globally. The team leading PHC are nationally known experts in their field, assembled from diverse sectors including federal/state public health, health technology, financial markets, and pandemic preparedness.
We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to drive the execution of product development concepts at PHC.
This role will be one of the first tech hires in the company, giving you an opportunity to build and manage PHC’s technical program from the ground up. In this role you will be expected to:
- Develop and manage the technical program at PHC
- Plan and coordinate various software development projects across several teams including engineering, data science, and product.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management, and tracking of external commitments
- Keep the executive team informed about the program risks, dependencies, bottlenecks, and blockers along with individual project completion and delivery dates
- Be responsible for product delivery on time and within budget
- Collaborate with the wider technical team in diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Develop and document the technical processes for PHC’s product delivery/release including data use, storage, and compute compliance requirements, security requirements, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- At least 3-5 years of experience in technical program management in a software technology company
- Advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of product development in a SaaS environment
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in software development
- Proven ability in leadership, collaboration, project organizational skills, and stakeholder management
- Proven ability to manage expectations with the leadership team, and internal/external customers.
- Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects involving high technical complexity
- Solutions oriented – ability to creatively solve problems on the fly
- Ability to make decisions and drive initiatives to completion
PHC is a startup company, with the attendant excitement, energy, and opportunity for growth that a startup environment entails. The team supports remote-first employment and candidates from anywhere in the US are welcome to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and includes generous stock options.
The Public Health Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.