The COVID-19 pandemic was an unprecedented challenge for global enterprises and brought widespread social and economic disruption. Many public- and private-sector institutions continue to experience challenges including health safety, risk management, and extensive effort and expense associated with curating and responding to the continuously evolving COVID-19 landscape.
In 2020, the Public Health Company (PHC) was founded with the mission to protect lives and livelihoods by delivering biosecurity intelligence and decision support with unprecedented speed via a global biosecurity platform for public and private enterprise. PHC is a growing world-class team assembled from diverse sectors including public health professionals, tech innovators, data scientists, and infectious disease experts
We are seeking a ML Pipeline Engineer to produce scalable software solutions for our company.
This role will be one of the first tech hires in the company, giving you an opportunity to build the platform from the ground up. In this role you will be expected to:
- Design and implement ML Pipelines to perform training and inference (batch, micro-batch, real-time, and on-demand) from several diverse models built by our scientists that provide intelligence to our customers regarding public health.
- Design and implement model roll-out strategies to ensure consistent improvement in the model quality and customer experience.
- Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate the ML algorithms in the pipeline; monitor performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues
- Closely partner with product team on product definitions, time-to-value discussions, and implementation considerations
- Provide technical guidance, communicate technical decisions, and mentor junior engineers
- Present project metrics and complex ML concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with all levels within the company including executive leadership to bring ML solutions to the end users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years of professional experience as a ML Pipeline Engineer
- Proven hands-on experience building solutions for large-scale data infrastructures and ML pipelines
- In depth knowledge and experience in at least one of the following development languages: Python, Go, C++, Java, and/or Scala
- Experience with Cloud deployments (GCP preferred) and machine learning tools
- Deep understanding of data design systems and experience handling large data sets
- Strong communication skills with a high emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business terms and to express opinions clearly
- Solutions oriented – ability to creatively solve problems on the fly
- Ability to make decisions and drive initiatives to completion
PHC is a startup company, with the attendant excitement, energy, and opportunity for growth that a startup environment entails. The team supports remote-first employment and candidates from anywhere in the US are welcome to apply.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation is highly competitive and includes salary and stock option grants.
The Public Health Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.